follow me on instagram

Pages - Menu

Monday, September 08, 2014

New start(er)

This recipe is a little tribute to a vegetarian restaurant here in Prague that I really suggest you (Restaurace Maitrea) where my boyfriend and I tasted this lovely starter for the first time...and it represents also the changes I've been facing lately in my lifestyle. The point is that I realized we were eating too much soy products and, since my choice is not only ethical but also about health, I decided to reintroduce some cheese in our diet. To be more precise, I'm talking about organic goat cheese, which is more digestible and it doesn't involve so much exploitation as dairy industry. Actually, we also eat dairy ricotta, mozzarella and yogurt, but very seldom and organic if possible (it happens mostly when we eat out or when I cannot find or cook a vegan substitute). I'm perfectly aware of the power of the food (both positively and negatively) but eating is not only a matter of head and studies about this and that, eating is involving heart and physical sensations as well. I think sometimes we should reach a compromise in order to find a balance and, at this time, that's my choice. Perhaps I will change my mind again during time, but since then I keep following my path depending on what I'm feeling is the best for me.






INGREDIENTS:
50 gr rocket
400 gr oyster mushrooms
1 handful dried tomatoes
200 gr goat cheese
mix of chopped herbs (I used chives and coriander)
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
himalayan pink salt and chili pepper as needed

PROCEDURE:
Stir fry the mushrooms for a couple of minutes with oil, then add tomatoes, herbs, salt and chili and continue the cooking. Put a bed of rocket in the plate, add mushrooms and goat cheese and season to taste with a shred of olive oil, You can serve with bread or crackers, in this case I used a slice of black rye bread in order to add some good fibre and make this recipe nutritionally complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment