follow me on instagram

Pages - Menu

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chestnut pancakes

What's a Sunday without pancakes? As I wrote here we really love this habit, but to not get bored with the same recipe every week, I started to think about new combinations to try. I also improved the leavening and the texture using a little trick and...definitely approved! Oh, they're also glutenfree.

INGREDIENTS:
150 gr chestnut flour
1 tbs brown sugar
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1 egg
150 ml soy milk
half of a tsp baking soda
1 tsp apple vinegar

PROCEDURE:
Mix all dry ingredients except from the baking soda. Add egg and milk and stir well. In another container mix baking soda and vinegar: you will obtain a fizzy foam which you will add to the mixture. I prefer using this combination, instead of simple baking powder, because I believe the result is really better. Grease a pan with a shred of oil or butter and cook your pancakes for 2 minutes each side. I ate them with plentiful maple syrup, chopped hazelnuts and goji berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment