follow me on instagram

Pages - Menu

Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Whatever" soup

Oh my gosh, how could I have lived without miso for so long?
I will not go into the contents about this wonderful food and how to make the tradional Japanese soup (it would be like to discuss with an Italian about carbonara sauce) but I do really like this kind of lets-have-a-look-whats-in-the-fridge-and-try-to-make-something-edible soups. Anyway, may I call it miso soup? After all, there is miso inside...


INGREDIENTS:
2 leeks (only the green part - I recycled the leftovers from this recipe)
1 handful radish
180 gr firm tofu
25 gr dried shiitake mushrooms (better fresh if you are lucky enough to find them)
125 gr rice noodles
2 tbs miso powder
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1/2 sheet nori seaweed (cutted into stripes)

PROCEDURE:
Soak the mushrooms for a while, then slice all the vegetables and cut tofu into pieces. Bring to boil enough water (I measure 2 bowls per person) with a pinch of salt, add leeks and cook for 5 minutes covered. After that, add also radish, tofu, mushrooms and noodles and carry on with the cooking for 5 minutes more. Switch off the cooker and add miso, pepper and nori - always better to put them in the end in order to preserve their nutrional values - stir for a couple of seconds and serve still hot.

Feel free to substitute any ingredient depending on what you have in your fridge...but keep miso at least ^_^

2 comments:

  1. Miso is very versatile and I add it to virtually everything I cook... So tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete